Great, all i needed was another excuse to eat chocolate cake! 😀 YUM- Today is National Chocolate Cake Day!
I’ve got 6 fun facts in our blog about CHOCOLATE and the Cocoa Tree!
Here’s a link to read more about this national holiday. There’s a delicious recipe included!! >>> National Chocolate Cake Day
- Theobroma Cacaois the tree that produces cocoa beans, and it means “food of the gods.” Carolus Linnaeus, the father of plant taxonomy, named it.
- The average serving of milk chocolate has about the same amount of caffeine as a cup of decaf coffee.
- S. chocolate manufacturers use about 3.5 million pounds of whole milk every day to make milk chocolate.
- Because cacao trees are so delicate, farmers lose, on average, 30 percent of their crop each year.
- It takes 400 cocoa beans to make one pound of chocolate.
- Studies have demonstrated that one of the major saturated fats in chocolate does not raise cholesterol like other hard fats—meaning chocolate can be enjoyed in moderation.